BeyondTrust – Privilege Management for Windows 5.5
BeyondTrust Privilege Management for Windows reduces the risk of privilege misuse by assigning privileges only to authorized tasks that require them, controlling application and script usage, as well as logging, monitoring, and reporting on privileged activities. By providing fine-grained control over privileged access, IT protects users while improving the efficiency of least privilege management.
New features en enhancements
- Common Dialog Launch Protection:
- Now applies standard user rights to processes launched from within the dialog as well as to content accessed from within it.
- Extended the range of dialogs covered by the Force Standard User Rights on File Open/Save common dialogs checkbox in Application Definitions.
- Updated Authenticode Certificate to sign software as the publisher BeyondTrust Corporation, and to no longer dual sign with SHA11 and SHA256 algorithms, but with SHA256 only.
- Resolved a compatibility issue in which Windows Explorer would fail to launch on some systems with Veriato installed.
- Resolved an issue in which Windows OS upgrades could cause Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) errors with GPUpdate referencing our Group Policy Extension.
- Corrected an issue in which a restart was required to get new policy changes after upgrading McAfee Agent.
- Resolved an issue in which a poorly configured PGDriver service key could cause persistent BSODs on shutdown.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (required to use Activity Viewer, Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- PowerShell 3.0 (required to use Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (required on the endpoint that will run the Activity Viewer console)
- Must be installed after the .NET Framework
- McAfee Agent (required if you are installing the client with switch EPOMODE=1)
Note: The executable version of the client package includes all necessary prerequisites (excluding .NET Framework 4.0) and automatically installs them as necessary. If you use the MSI or ZIP package, you must manually install any necessary prerequisites.