CyberArk – Privilege Manager 10.6
CyberArk has announced version 10.6 of its Endpoint Privilege Manager. In this release they have updated their MacOS Agent, their Threat detection policies, they have added a large number of security and performance enhancements and they have updated the EPM SaaS terms of service.
a. You can see on the Mac endpoint which policy is assigned to a file.
b. You can determine whether to show the EPM icon in the menu bar.
c. EPM supports macOS Mojave 10.14.
2. Threat Detection: The following beta Policies are now GA:
a. Local Security Authority (LSA) Secrets Harvesting
b. Pass The Hash Attack
3. A large number of security and performance enhancements in this release that affect the EPM Server, MacOS Agent, and Windows Agent.
4. We’ve updated our EPM SaaS Terms of Services.
We recommends that all customers upgrade to CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager v10.6.
Installation and upgrade notes:
Note: The user who runs the installation or upgrade must have full access to the SQL database.
- When upgrading from CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager v6.2 and below, you must upgrade your database to SQL 2016, as explained in the CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Installation Guide. After upgrading your database, you can then upgrade to CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager v10.6.
- Direct upgrade to CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager v10.6 is supported from CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager v6.3.
- During the upgrade
- Existing events that have been handled may reappear in the Inboxes. They will correctly disappear again from the Inboxes shortly after the upgrade is completed.
- Threat Detection events older than 30 days will be deleted.
- After the upgrade, the server can experience a high CPU usage for up to several hours, depending on the numbers of upgraded Agents.