McAfee ATD updates and end of life announcements
ATD Updated Content Packages available
The Advanced Threat Defense (ATD) updated content packages for 4.0, 4.2, 4.4 and 4.6 are now available.
This detection package adds detection updates to ATD. This update includes the following rule additions, fixes, and enhancements:
- Rules to cover the Microsoft Office memory corruption vulnerability. For more details, see CVE-2017-11882.
- Rule to cover browser data steal.
- Rules to detect remote process created using wmic or psexec tools.
- Rules to detect Remote commands invoked into winrb.vbs and executed.
Package details by version are as follows:
- ATD 4.6: atd-detection-img-184.108.40.206807
- ATD 4.4: atd-detection-img-220.127.116.11807
- ATD 4.2: atd-detection-img-18.104.22.168807
- ATD 4.0: atd-detection-img-22.214.171.124807
End of Life for ATD 4.0.x
McAfee announces the End of Life (EOL) for McAfee Advanced Threat Defense 4.0.x effective November 12, 2020.
McAfee recommends that you upgrade to ATD 4.6 or the latest available software to benefit from the latest software developments, and to avoid interruption of product support.