McAfee – Evolution on Endpoint Security 10
The last two months McAfee announced a few new updates, patches and releases on Endpoint Security 10. A small overview of the most important changes: Updates on Endpoint Security 10.5.4, End of Life announcement of Endpoint Security 10.2 and the release of Endpoint Security 10.6. Find out more about these changes on our website.
McAfee – Update Endpoint Security 10.5.4
McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5.4 June Update is now available. This update includes the following:
- Performance improvements in Firewall policy, and memory management (especially for ATP).
- McAfee Profiler correctly shows processes scanned under high risk and low risk.
- Bugcheck 3B citing MFEHIDK.sys.
- The Safety Pulse setting is no longer dependent on the McAfee GTI feedback setting.
- Web Control applies the Web Gateway Interlock policy appropriately for internal or external networks.
- Certain Firewall rules no longer block traffic when set to disabled.
More information about the release notes: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD27796.
To download the June Update: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
McAfee – End Of Life for Endpoint Security 10.2
McAfee announces the End of Life (EOL) for Endpoint Security 10.2 effective December 15, 2018.
McAfee recommends upgrading to Endpoint Security 10.5.4 or more recently 10.6, to benefit from the latest software developments, and to avoid interruption of product support.
More information about the End Of Life announcement: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90680
McAfee – Release Endpoint Security 10.6
This release of McAfee Endpoint Security contains improvements and fixes, including:
- Microsoft product support
- Threat Prevention enhancements
- Firewall enchancements
- Web control enchancements
- Documentation available at docs.mcafee.com
Full release note: