October means the start of the European Cyber Security Month!
The European Cyber Security Month (ECSM, which is every year in October,) is a collaborative effort between The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission DG CONNECT and Partners. The main goal is to make sure that everyone knows how to protect themselves online, doing this by raising the overall awareness, change the user behaviour and provide them resources to be safer and more secure online.
The campaign will highlight simple steps to protect your data, whether personal, financial and/or professional.
As a Cyber Security Company we can’t stay behind!
As a result of the increasing number of targeted attacks, many companies are being challenged to secure their environment from such threats.
A lot of people still think it is an IT problem alone and that the solution is purely technical. Unfortunately we know that this is not always the case. Being targeted is also a human behaviour problem. Probably you put yourself at risk every day by clicking on URL’s, opening files or using USB drives which have a bad reputation.
Making people aware of the problem, involving media and starting a national even European campaign at Social Media that’s what’s necessary to spread the word and to protect you against hackers and threats.
Solutions WE offer to raise your personal protection and awareness
- Learn about the risks, what can and can’t you do on the internet and how you can recognize a phishing e-mail. Discover our effective Security Awareness training.
- Install an antivirus solution and make sure you don’t get targeted. Check out our personal protection solutions for all your home devices.
- Get yourself a password manager where you can store all your passwords and helps you with generating a save, strong and unique password when you sign up to new websites. Get your Yubikey!
To summarize, the objectives of the European Cyber Security Month are
- Generate overall awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- Promote safer use of the Internet for all users;
- Increase national media interest through the European and global dimensions of the project;