Organizations are often in the dark when it comes to understanding the actual security performance of critical third parties or even assessing the impact of their own security programs and policies. This is due to a lack of objective metrics and tools that help measure and mitigate cyber risk across the business ecosystem.
In 2011, BitSight pioneered the security ratings market, founding the company with a solitary mission: to transform how organizations evaluate risk and security performance by employing the outside-in model used by credit rating agencies. BitSight is honored to be supported by the top scientists of the National Science Foundation, which provides financial backing to scientific and engineering efforts of national importance.
Their leadership in the Security Rating Services market is defined by these pillars:
Based on BitSight’s industry-leading proprietary data set as well as trusted, reputable data partnerships, we provide Security Ratings that are objective, verifiable, and actionable.
- BitSight’s proprietary method of data collection of 120+ sources, encompassing both owned and licensed data, gives our customers unprecedented visibility into key risk vectors, many of which are completely unique to BitSight.
A Security Ratings platform’s value increases as each participant engages in more of the platform’s intended uses. BitSight has the most robust community of cyber risk professionals interacting on our platform.
- Over 2,100+ BitSight customers are sharing BitSight Security Ratings with more than 540,000 actively monitored organizations, making it the most widely used security ratings platform across all industries.
- BitSight’s community provides the necessary context for customers to gain confidence in their interactions with third party vendors.
- Our solution enables collaboration internally and with third parties to better identify and address risks, including customizable alerts and optimized workflows.
We incorporate only the most critical, high quality risk vectors into the Security Rating.
- BitSight calculates importance in a more diversified way, ensuring the most critical assets are ranked higher.
- BitSight gives customers an easy, visual way to prioritize and collaborate internally, as well as externally with third parties, to address the largest areas of risk.
- We are the only ratings solution with a third-party verified correlation to breaches. Our data and analyses have been reviewed and approved by Advisen and AIR Worldwide.